The project’s goal is to improve the quality of life for women living with HIV/AIDS through establishing both individual and group Income Generating Activities (IGA) establishing cooperative/association and increasing their income.
- Establishing the target women with Self Help Group, conduct weekly meeting and promote group saving in which the members are access to loan to expand their own business.
- Provision of initial seed money for start up of their business either in group or individually. The area of engagement in the SHG group includes sheep fattening, hen breeding, silk making, cotton spinning, gardening, food preparation, bread making group and other. Most of individual business engagement focuses on petty trade.
- Provision of basic Self-Help Group (SHG) and different vocational trainings for target women (the selected women are affected or infected with HIV/AIDS) and living under extreme poverty
- Supporting target women through IGA groups and develop the IGA model to bring about sustainable self sufficiency
- Provision of target mothers with health and welfare services
- Increase income from IGA activities to support the family needs and reduce food insecurity
- Encourage saving as an aspect of the IGA model.
- Provision of training in responsible parenting and financial security
- Provision of health education trainings, home management and environmental sanitation and discussion social and economic aspects
- Enabling women engaged in micro level business to secure their livelihood and skills training initiatives successfully.
- Provision of health care and home visits
- Provision of family planning, Reproductive health and HIV prevention services
- Strengthening/establishing functional business networks among grassroots level practitioners
- Promoting advocacy and lobbying among communities, local government (kebele/woreda) officials and NGOs towards skills training innovative practices
- Promoting intercultural and practical/experiential learning among SHG groups
- Developing a business model utilizing resources from intervention areas this will foster a sustainable income to support the management of the program.
- HIV prevention and treatment through the key prevention services