BCDA overall strategic goals and objectives, pertinent to its value, vision, mission and organizational set up, shall govern its operation areas, strategic goals and objectives.
Strategic Goal –1
BCDA shall be an NGO that assists poor people especially women to be able to ensure their survival to meet their basic needs and to realize their social justice and equity.
- 10 percent of poor household especially women that are affected and infected with HIV/AIDS in BCDA’s development intervention areas will be assisted to attain income generation activities that can sustain them above absolute poverty line.
- A considerable portion of the community shall get access to HIV/AIDS & health education, and modest living environment in BCDA program areas.
- Marginalized segments of the community in general and the poor in particular shall be empowered to exercise their social and economic rights.
Strategic Goal – 2
Advocates and assists in establishing pro-poor institutions that ensure the sustainability of poverty eradication initiatives.
- Make poor women that are affected and infected with 100% self-reliant in their livelihood and support their family in the coming five years(2017-2021).
- By the year 2021, each target kebele women in BCDA’s intervention areas will have their own sustainable income.
- At the end of the strategic planning period, each target women in BCDA’s operation area will have sustainable income that help them to support themselves and their families.
Strategic Goal – 3
Improve academic performance and psychosocial skills of Children
- Enhance 80% of target children’s academic scores that are from HIV affected and infected families in the coming five years through tutorial programs in the rehabilitation center.
- Provide and fulfill school supplies for target children and make them access to reading centers/library in the rehabilitation center.
- Provide preschool and primary school children with basic and counseling service to improve their communication skills and improving nutritional and psychosocial setting of children.
- Provide holistic support(food, housing, education…) in the rehabilitation center for orphans and vulnerable children and help them productive citizens in the intervention areas
- At the end of the strategic planning period, BCDA will have at least one community owned and managed an IGA pre-school education center that benefits children in the intervention area.
Strategic Goal – 4
BCDA shall be a center of excellence in all its interventions, organizational culture, accountability, transparency, and credibility and thereby play exemplary role to NGOs.
- Starting from the first year of the strategic planning period, BCDA will have a board that plays its stewardship, policy making and resource mobilization roles effectively.
- Maintain a high performing staff member that ensures efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be one of the most credible NGO in the country.
Strategic Goal – 5
Enhance BCDA’s financial capacity
- At the end of the fifth year period, BCDA will generate 20% of its budget from local sources.
- Raise its donor by 50
Strategic Goal – 6
BCDA shall be one of the leading urban poverty eradication NGOs in the country
- BCDA shall have one operational development area in Addis Ababa and in one other zonal/regional state town.
- Become center of excellence in the area of urban poverty alleviation program.
Strategic Goal – 7
Play effective policy advocacy role.
- Enhance the networks that BCDA is already committed to
- Increase BCDA’s network membership in such areas as CCRDA, HIV/AIDS, reproductive health care and other networks, women associations, Self-Help Group network.
- Play influencing role in membership and partnership associations.
Strategic Goal – 8
Reduce dependency syndrome and ensure sustainability of BCDA’s Program.
- Launch replicable poverty eradication programs.
- Cover 10 percent of the households below poverty line in its interventions.
- Provide support in establishing community-based institutions that are capable of sustaining all the poverty-eradicating initiatives.